BATAVIA BULLDOGS BOOSTERS MEETING MINUTES
April 13, 2021 (via Zoom Meeting)
Booster Board Members:
President- Rob Knanishu
Voting members-Julie Stuttle, Karen Yunker, Chris Ignoffo, Mandi Moss, Josh Bulak, Dave Andrews, Noel Granberg, Jessica Bainter, Janet Knecht
Present @ Meeting:
Rob Knanishu, Pete Corken, Christine Fleury, Brian LeFevre, Jessica Bainter, Noel Granberg, Mandi Moss, Dave Andrews, Josh Bulak, Pamela Shubert, Amy Nelson, Debbie Pierce, Ralph Henning, Tony Schmitz, Colleen Puttin, Tracy Cheaney, Janey Knecht
Meeting Called to order at 7:04pm
Approval of Minutes from March 2, 2021 Meeting. Christine Fleury 1st, Pete Corken 2nd, Approved.
-Revenue YTD $44,621
-Expenses YTD $51,260
-Cash in Bank as of 3/31/21 - $112,068
-Motion to approve March 2021 Financials as presented. Pete Corken 1st, Mandi Moss 2nd, Approved.
-Copy of financial report filed with meeting minutes.
-Brian reached out to BPS CFO to discuss splitting Boosters last turf payment of $60K into two payments: $30K this year and $30K next year.
MOTION TO PAY SCHOOL DISTRICT $30,000 THIS YEAR AND DEFER REMAINING $30,000 TO 2021/22 IF AGREED UPON WITH BPS101 CFO. PETE CORKEN 1ST, NOEL GRANBERG 2ND, ALL IN FAVOR. MOTION APPROVED.
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR REPORTS
High School/Dave Andrews:
-Currently have crossover sports with Fall and traditional Spring sports. Wrestling starts 4/19.
-BHS highest participation and fielding most teams in conference.
-Last scheduled Football game will be at NIU. Only cost charged to Batavia by NIU is tickets sales.
-Has there been an update to attendance at Spring sports? BHS no changes, currently Home games spectators unlimited & Visitors 2 spectators per player. Baseball & Softball bring chairs/wear masks and social distance. Wrestling indoors=25% capacity limit. Away conference games=2 spectators per Batavia player.
-Per IHSA masks do not need to be worn by players in outdoor low risk sports. Coaches & Spectators still required to wear masks.
Middle School/Josh Bulak:
-Track has begun. Total of 8 meets (4 home/4 away) with all home meets @RMS.
Advertising & Marketing/Chris Ignoffo, Elizabeth Poll, Presented by Noel Granberg:
-Updating in May sponsorship brochure with same pricing for 2021/22.
-Looking for pictures to complete 2nd Winter program.
-Discussion on separating social media/marketing & sponsorship into two committees. See attached responsibilities for each committee.
MOTION TO SEPARATE SPONSORSHIP & MARKETING/SOCIAL MEDIA/PR INTO TWO COMMITTEES. CHRISTINE FLEURY 1ST, MANDI MOSS 2ND, ALL IN FAVOR. MOTION APPROVED.
Membership/Janet Knecht, Tracy Cheaney, Lynn Barus:
-No new information, will start planning for 2021/22 in the coming months.
-Dave Andrews to send Ralph any updates to post on website related to covid protocols.
-Scholarship info will be removed after deadline 4/23. Once winners are announced, Julie needs to send Ralph names to be posted on website.
-Any wish list items purchased, sent list to Ralph for updating on website.
-Winter program posted on website.
-Completed two more guides: 1. How to manage email address, passwords 2. How to link outside websites & links on Booster website.
Liaisons/Karen Yunker (Absent): Notes shared prior to meeting.
- late winter sports and spring sports please continue to send Chris Ignoffo and links for your teams, highlights from your season and senior pictures if you have not already done so. Thanks!
- In the next couple of weeks I will be reaching out to current liaisons to see if you are staying on as your team’s liaison for the upcoming year ‘21/22 or if not, if you would have the name of your replacement. If so, we would love to know that as well for future communications.
- we hope to go back to an in-person liaisons training this summer if at all possible. This will help to provide information on liaison’s roles, concessions if we have them, communications to / from Boosters. Etc.
If in person is still not doable, we can send the information via email like last year and / or do a zoom meeting.
- with that, I wanted to let you know that Amy Nelson will be taking over my spot on Boosters for the coming year, as my last baby is heading off to college in the fall. Thanks Amy! And thank you to all of our liaisons for your hard work and dedication this year!!!
-Question regarding Team fundraising efforts. Dave Andrews explained a fundraising approval form is required by all coaches requiring an estimate on funds raised and what the money is expected to be used on.
-Working on finding a replacement and have a few possibilities.
Dinner Dance/Jessica Bainter:
- Difficult to plan event with current covid restrictions.
- Lots of items in storage from expected 2020 Dinner Dance.
- Deadline 4/23, 12 scholarship applicants to date.
- Liaisons need to share with seniors
- Communicate on Boosters social media
Corn Boil/Mandi Moss:
- Event date currently scheduled for August 20th.
- Nothing being planned, waiting at this point due to covid restrictions.
President/ Rob Knanishu:
- Meetings for 2021/22, 1st Tuesday of each month @7pm.
- Board Charter complete and will be issued before end of current 2020/21 year.
- Working on Board level replacements.
Vice President/Pete Corken:
- Possible location for future event, Penrose Brewery.
- Attending BIC meeting 4/15.
- Amy Nelson reported the Bulldog Memorial is completed. Plan to dedicate at first home football game this Fall.
-See above comments.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:53pm. Brian LeFevre 1st, Pete Corken 2nd.
Future Meeting Schedule: @7pm (remote or location TBD) May 4/Jun 1
BOOSTER MARKETING/PR/SOCIAL MEDIA
This committee is responsible for the promoting the Booster Club and our student athletes through different avenues, events and social media. We do this through the following:
Social Media: (Katharyn Hoffman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook @BataviaBulldogBoosters Twitter @Bataviaboosters
Neighbors Magazine-community brochure sent out every 2 months:
BHS and RMS events: set up a table—Sponsorships and Memberships usually run it but coordination is needed: Freshman night
BHS Club night
BHS and RMS Season Sport nights
RMS Locker set up
SPORTS PROGRAM: Digital (3 issues) Sarah Ahrens
New this year: We added these because of Covid and to help promote excitement and awareness that the kids are still working hard.
Team Season Recap:
· Facebook and twitter post for each team with Schedule, social media account info, and any links to watch games if provided.
Increase Social Media use
Come up with new ways to promote the Booster club
SPONSORSHIP COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITES
Solicitation of Sponsors: (1-2 people) Goal is 45-50K/year
Sponsor Managers: (1-2 people)
Home football game responsibilities: can take turns 1-2 people per game
Set up Sponsor parking tripods in Sponsors lot (usually right after school lets out) Set up Sponsor seating (usually right after school lets out)
Manage Sponsor Parking Lot:
after varsity game, or pay Dog Pound to help.
· Continue to sell or renew sponsors for Main Gym and fieldhouse November: